Don't be shy now, we know that a lot of you guys are fantastic and eager artists considering that anime and manga are totally visual art forms! Why not flex that creative muscle of yours, show off a little and and potentially win an awesome prize? Every year at SMASH!, we make sure to have awesome ideas for competitions to give you that creative spark.
deviantART competition - “Crossover Hell!!”SMASH! has always never been without our dear mascots, Cyrus and Skadi. But this year, we're gonna let your imaginations run wild (almost) with them – reach into that deep pot of knowledge you've got and cross it over with our mascots. We want crossovers, silly ones, surreal ones, serious ones – almost whatever franchises you can mash with Cyrus and Skadi (though keep it within reason, of course)
Prizes1st Place: $100 online voucher from Manga Arts 2nd Place: $50 online voucher from Manga Arts
- To enter your artwork into the Crossover Hell!! competition, you will need a deviantART account (which is free to sign up) and submit it to the SMASHCon deviantART group.
- Entries will need to be titled “CrossoverHell!!: [title]“ (without the quotation marks or brackets)
- Submitted artworks MAY be selected to be displayed on the day of the convention. This will take the form of a showcase slideshow within the Art Room. Your artwork will also be visible on the SMASHCon deviantART group and the SMASH! website.
- The judging criteria for the Crossover Hell!! competition are as follows:
- Execution: technical expertise and mastery of their chosen medium.
- Concept: how fitting (or outlandish) you cross over the SMASH mascots with characters/aspects/costumes from an existing franchise.
- Aesthetics: how well you mesh your skill and concept together and the overall visual appeal of your work.