Themed Art Competition Rules and Submission Guidelines
Digital submissions close on Sunday, July 8 at 11:59pm.
Physical submissions close on Saturday, July 14 at 3:30pm
- To enter your artwork into the SMASH! Mascot Battle Mode competition, you will need to fill out a competition entry form. To identify you, we will use the information you submit to us through the form (i.e your name, email address etc.)
- Digital submission - you can email the file (psd, png or jpg only!) along with your competition signup form to this e-mail address. Please title it appropriately (e.g. “Mascot Battle Submission”). If your artwork is not digitally based (e.g. traditional) you must scan it and submit it by email.
- Physical submission - you can hand it in to the staff attending the art competition registration table inside the art room during the convention. If your artwork is in digital format, please have a copy printed out to display.
- Be aware that we will displaying your picture on a wall, which may involve tape or thumbtacks. We highly recommend that you bring a copy of your artwork for display in the themed competition, especially if you’re entering a traditional artwork. Please bring along the original for verification.
- Please bring a plastic sheet and tell us in the notes section of the competition entry form what we should be careful of when handling your work. SMASH! will have spare A4 sleeves available at the competition desk, but if we run out, or if your work is in a different size, it is your responsibility to protect your work. We will handle your work with care, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
- Entries should also be labelled (preferably on a separate card or something that we can pin to the wall) with your name and the name of your artwork. Write your mobile number and e-mail on the back, too, for our convenience should we need to contact you.
- The judging criteria for the SMASH! Mascot Battle Mode competition are as follows:
- Execution: technical expertise and mastery of their chosen medium.
- Concept: originality of your concept in adherence to the given theme.
- Aesthetics: how well you apply your skill to illustrate your concept together and the overall visual appeal of your work.
competition will have a single winner for each category, Senior (18 and above) and Junior (17 and below). Prizes for each winner is a $100 Books Kinokuniya voucher, to be used in their store.