Where: BJD Area, in front of the Main Stage When: 9am - 3pm
BJD PhotographyThink you're an excellent BJD photographer? Pit you skills against others and show your photography skills and creativity with the BJD photography competition! THEME: Light and Shadow PRIZES: 1st Prize - Leekeworld Lion, ($550) 2nd Prize – 2 Leekeworld wigs RULES For the full rules and how to enter, please click here. DEADLINE 11:59pm, July 6, 2012. Winners announced on the day of SMASH! itself, on Saturday, July 14.
CraftingCrafting is a new competition being introduced this year! THEME: Hats and All Get creative and put together an accessory that is worn on the head, hair or face; for example, masks, hair accessories, hats, fascinators, headdresses. There is a limited two-colour palette; Black & White, Black & another colour, or White & another colour. PRIZES: 1st Prize - Leekeworld Reika, ($380) 2nd Prize – 2 Leekeworld Wigs HOW TO ENTER Bring in your creation on the day of SMASH! and approach one of our friendly BJD assistants. RULES
- The object can form part of an overall outfit, but will be judged on its own.
- Although limited to two colours, you can use different shades within those colours (for example, an item might use one shade ofwhite and three shades of purple, or three shades of black and one green)
- Machine made components (eg: pre-fabricated flowers, bows, fastenings) may form part of your item, but the design and creation must be yours. Judging will be based on originality, overall aesthetics, use of the theme, and display of crating techniques.
Best DressedDoes your BJD have what it takes? THEME: Light and Shadow Splitting the display in two, will your BJD join us in a fluffy place in the clouds, or will he/she rather lurk in the shadows of a graveyard? Come in your best angelic outfit, or come dressed as something that lurks from the shadows of nightmares. HOW TO ENTER: Just approach one of our friendly BDJ assistants in the display area. RULES
- Remember that SMASH! is a PG-event and all submissions must conform to the Code of Conduct.
- You can only enter a BJD you own. If you are doing this on behalf of a friend, he/she must contact us directly to let us know you are entering on their behalf.